Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Next available course starts June 5th, 2023!
The gold standard teaching qualification
Why take the CELTA?
- CELTA is a qualification for teaching English as a foreign language. It focuses on developing practical skills with face-to-face and online teaching practice, which will provide you with the techniques and confidence you need to begin teaching as soon as you finish the course.
- CELTA is the most widely recognised English teaching qualification in the world. It’s the qualification most often requested by employers: three out of four English language teaching jobs require a CELTA qualification.
- Whether you’re a new teacher looking for their first teaching job, or you want to prove to employers that you have the teaching skills with a recognised certificate, CELTA is the qualification you need.
Who is the CELTA for?
- New teachers starting their career.
- First-language and proficient non first-language English speakers.
- Teachers with existing experience who want professional development.
- Teachers who want to travel and teach abroad.
Why ILSC Montreal?
High success rate across all modes.
Access to ELT resources and lesson plan examples.
Regular support and guidance from expert tutors.
Access to our alumni network for continued support after the course.
Job prospects at ILSC and its partners globally.
"My time at ILSC was as rewarding as it was challenging. The CELTA program is as intensive as everything warns, but my trainers at ILSC made it a once in a lifetime experience. I gained such valuable knowledge and then was able to immediately get real life practice to apply that knowledge."
"Taking the CELTA course at ILSC was a transformative experience. As someone with no classroom experience but a passion for ESL teaching, I entered the course worried that the learning curve would be too steep to overcome. Helen, James, and Christopher quelled those fears immediately."
"I completed the online CELTA course with teaching practicum in 2017 with ILSC Montreal and I could not be happier with the experience. The online modules were fun and challenging which helped prepare me for an exciting and intense teaching practicum."
"After weeks of doing research on where to take the CELTA, I finally decided to sign up for the course at ILSC Montreal. And once the class took place, I felt like I was exactly where I'm supposed to be! It was an amazing experience. I learned a lot about teaching techniques, learner characteristics, lesson planning and so much more. Additionally, I got to meet many friendly and helpful people at ILSC and on the course, which was just the cherry on top of the cake!"